tips: For a grungy-looking tree, use several shades of
Distress Inks. Keep adding colors until desired color is achieved. You can add glitter to tag for a festive effect.
- Using rotary cutter and mat, cut batting strips into 1/2” strips.
- Use a cosmetic sponge to apply water to strips until damp.
- Use wet cosmetic sponges to ink batting strips until desired color is achieved. Use less ink for a more vintage look.
- Beginning at top, wind batting around cone shape. Keep winding batting around cone and secure with Fabri-Tac at base.
- Following same steps, apply Tea Dye ink to batting.
- Trace star shape onto batting and cut out.
- Adhere star to top of tree.
- Stamp sentiment onto tag, then use cosmetic sponge to apply Distress ink to edges and center of tag. Tie finished tag to center of tree.
- Wrap thin twine around wood spool and secure with Fabri-Tac.
- Adhere spool to bottom of tree.
- Trace a 4” circle onto two layers of batting.
- Cut out on traced line with pinking shears, then pin together.
- Machine stitch a circle design onto mat.
- Apply Fired Brick ink onto mat following same
instructions used for batting strip tree.